Hi! 👋 I’m essam, currently a masters student at harvard studying cs. I’m interested in machine learning, natural language processing, and multi-modal learning.
I do ml research working with llms and large vision-language models. Previously, I spent some time at twitch as an applied scientist intern where I worked on their ml team and trained large vision models, at amazon/aws where I built their first ml-based video understanding platform, worked on a startup to automate meeting scheduling, and ran a student org doing software consulting for tech startups.
- 2x Applied sci intern at twitch where I trained their first twitch-wide backbone vision model. Developed a continual learning framework for unsupervised, online model training. Improved downstream task accuracy across the board by 10%+. Only undergrad on the ml sci team.
- Software dev eng intern at amazon/aws where I built aws ivs’s first ml-based video understanding platform. Service in production.
- Research intern at uc davis working in multimodel representation learning and adversarial robustness.
- Research intern at stanford where I worked on ai for healthcare.
- Co-Founder/CTO at komma where I led full-stack development.
- Co-Founder/President at codelab the largest cs student org with 100+ members where we build software for tech companies.
I love to meet new people! If you’re working on something cool or want to chat feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.